Certificate of Residency

In New York State, Out of New York City Tuition

If you are a student who resides in New York State, but not in New York City, you may be eligible to be charged the CUNY In-City Tuition Rate. The In-City Tuition rate is considerably lower than the Non-City Resident Tuition Rate.

You must obtain a Certificate of Residence from your home county and send it to the Bursar’s Office in Room 311 of Guttman Community College or scan it to: bursar@guttman.cuny.edu as a condition of adjusting your charges to the In-City Rate of Tuition.

Please go to your home county’s website to obtain these forms.

Follow the instructions to complete the Certificate of Residence application, which must be completed and sent to your county to obtain the certificate.  Please ensure the application is notarized or it will not be processed by the county.

Please note that a Certificate of Residence remains valid for one (1) year or as stipulated by the county.

It is your responsibility to ensure that a valid Certificate of Residence is on file at Guttman Community College before the first day of classes for us to adjust your tuition charges.

First, obtain a Certificate of Residence:

  • Download the County Instructions and Application.
  • Complete the request for a Certificate of Residence.
  • Have the application form notarized.
  • Present the notarized request, plus two items of proof of residency, to your local county clerk. The clerk will issue you a Certificate of Residency.

Second, send the Certificate issued by the county clerk to the Bursar’s Office, Room 311 at Guttman Community College or email it to: bursar@guttman.cuny.edu before the start of the semester.

If you do not have the certificate at that time, please contact the Office of the Bursar to make payment arrangements.

If you have any questions regarding this, please email the Bursar at: bursar@guttman.cuny.edu.