The Women of Gratitude, Resilience, Integrity, and Talent (GRIT) mentorship program is open to all women/women-identified students, with a focus on freshmen at Stella and Charles Guttman Community College. Students will participate in a series of monthly workshops that are designed to foster a sense of community and leadership, and promote academic, personal and professional success.
Women of GRIT
The Women of Gratitude, Resilience, Integrity, and Talent (GRIT) mentorship program exists to provide academic, personal, professional, community and leadership development to women/women-identified students at Stella and Charles Guttman Community College. We strive to enhance participants’ lives through mentorship, enrichment programs, and workshops that serve to inspire individual advancement.
The Women of Gratitude, Resilience, Integrity, and Talent (GRIT) mentorship program participants will achieve academic excellence, graduate from college, and become successful leaders and role models in their respective careers and communities. We will help women/women-identified students develop a sense of inner respect and love for themselves, while learning to be self-empowered.
Program Goals & Values
We strive to:
- Support and challenge participants to achieve academic excellence.
- Develop an increased awareness of self.
- Promote professional decorum.
- Promote community service and engagement.
- Encourage leadership.
Through programming and relationships built with mentors, we guide students in valuing, achieving and engaging in activities that encourage:
- Academic Excellence
- Personal Development
- Community Service
How to Apply
Women of GRIT invite all female Guttman students to apply, with preference given to first-year students. For consideration, students must complete a formal online application. Following the review of applications, candidates will be notified of their selection and invited to attend a New Members Orientation.
Applications are typically available each fall semester. See Women of GRIT Membership Application for additional details.
Women of GRIT is designed to foster a sense of community and leadership, and promote academic, personal and professional success through participation in required programming as well as a partnership developed by way of mentorship with a professional. Therefore, we are seeking candidates that are willing to:
- Attend all scheduled monthly group workshops and activities.
- Agree to communicate with her mentor(s) regularly whether by telephone, electronically and/or in person.
- Earn and maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of a 2.3 or higher.
- Seek to embody the core values of Academic Excellence, Personal Development, Professionalism, Community Service and Leadership.