Taking care of your health is important, and immigration status shouldn’t be a barrier to having Health insurance. Health insurance provides financial protection in case you have a serious accident or illness. Health insurance can help protect you from high, unexpected costs. We neither endorse nor recommend any particular type of health insurance and this is not a comprehensive list of what may be available for you.
Health Care & Insurance
Free health insurance for low-income adults & children; can also pay medical bills for care received up to 3 months before application
- Qualified immigrants
- PRUCOL, including DACA recipients, are eligible for state-funded Medicaid
- All pregnant women, including undocumented women
- Certain temporary residents (student with valid visa)
Free or low-cost health insurance for lower income adults
- Qualified immigrants, Most PRUCOL (not DACA)
- Certain temporary residents (e.g. student with valid visa)
All New York children can get Child Health Plus, regardless of immigration status or income.
- All children under 19, including undocumented, immigrant children
Pays for birth control and reproductive health services after pregnancy
- Undocumented immigrants
Medicaid for the treatment of an emergency medical condition.
Helps eligible undocumented and temporary immigrant New Yorkers pay for medical costs when they have an emergency
Note: All hospitals must treat everyone if they have a medical emergency, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Undocumented and temporary immigrants without NYS residency (ie: tourists).
Please provide the pharmacy flyer as a separate email attachment.
BIGAPPLERX – Lower costs for medications not covered by insurance
- All immigrants, including undocumented immigrants
- NYC Care: is a health care access program that guarantees low-cost and no-cost services to New Yorkers who do not qualify for or cannot afford health insurance. All NYC Care services are provided through NYC Health + Hospitals. With NYC Care, you can get a unique membership card to access health services, choose your own doctor, and get affordable medications. For more information call 646-692-2273 or visit https://www.nyccare.nyc/
- Hispanic Federation: offer phone enrollment assistance for free or low-cost health insurance for families: Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Essential Plan, NY State of Health Qualified Health Plans. For more information call 1929-282-1562 or 1833-656-2626, email email@example.com or visit https://hispanicfederation.org/
NYC Care Healthcare Program guarantees low-cost/no-cost healthcare for individuals that do not qualify or cannot afford healthcare based on federal guidelines. This includes access to affordable primary, specialty, and behavioral health care, access to pharmacy, and patient experiences. Access to care is in all five boroughs of NYC.
To be eligible you must have been a NYC resident for at least 6 months, live in one fo the five NYC boroughs, and be ineligible for or cannot afford health insurance.
Enroll by calling (1-646-NYC-CARE (1-646-692-2273)