Admissions Ambassadors guide prospective students and families through Guttman’s unique admissions process. They coordinate and implement Admissions events including Group Information Sessions, Accepted Student Day, and Campus Tours. This includes weekly shifts, occasional evenings and select Saturdays. Admissions Ambassadors are highly involved in the Guttman Community; assisting with on-campus event setups, participating in events and encouraging students to attend college wide functions. Individuals who enjoy public speaking, event management, with strong customer service skills, and desire a career in counseling, advising, communications or public relations are well suited for the position.
An Admissions Ambassador should possess
- The ability to understand multiple perspectives and communicate viewpoints in a respective way.
- The ability to take initiative, balance multiple tasks and navigate Microsoft Teams/Zoom.
- A positive, and supportive attitude toward students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- The ability to provide prospective students with authentic representations of Guttman’s culturally and academically diverse student body and experiences.
An Admissions Ambassador is
- A confidant, guide, approachable, and role model.
- Entrusted with facilitating the care and support of new students.
- Knowledgeable about campus resources, policies, and culture.
- Willing to share information, experiences, and accomplishments in a non-competitive way.