Mini Guide to Developing Goals
- Goals represent big picture outcomes that your area strives to achieve in support of the college mission.
- Goals tend to carry over from year to year.
- Goals may focus on student learning, student support, operational activities, employee culture, and/or policy.
- Goals are broader than “practices,” which are specific activities performed in a given year.
- 3-5 Goals are reasonable to include. The number may vary by area.
- Support college operations and decision-making by preparing accurate and timely institutional data.
- Sustain strong employee retention.
- Promote employee growth with professional development.
- Promote students’ academic growth in first-year courses.
- Ensure students meet program learning outcomes.
- Promote students’ professional growth.
- Enhance students’ leadership skills.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility across the college.
- Ensure college facilities are well maintained.